Thursday 18 February 2010

SLIGHT TROPICANA OR SOMETHING TOWARDS SPRING

Springtime may be (forced) in the air everywhere except for actually being there - spring/summer collections here and there in shop windows or dropped as brochures and leaflets trough in mail and sent to my inbox, but for real it keeps on snowing and getting colder again. As pretty as it is with snow crystals on the window and a bright sun making it all sparkle I am adjusting my mind towards spring, a warmer sun and just all that is to come after that.


This in a pale green cardigan, coral lipstick (makes me feel kind of tropical. Like think of papaya and such) plus a huge flower in my hair. It's a small start. Even though it will take some time to be able to kick of the boots and kick in the heels...

Our team did a come back at the music quiz yesterday after a brake of many months (the reslut not being too bad - we were 4th!). And what better way to do it in than in a musical note skirt? (From Tara Starlet.)

21 comments:

Leia said...

I absolutely love your musical note skirt! And I wish spring would hurry up and come, too :)

Wanja B said...

oh, I long for spring and summer, and it is not to avoid being influenced by the shop windows full of summer clothes, and your blog is the biggest source of inspiration of course. Happy.

MargieF said...

i am slowly starting to bring in my spring clothes too lol even though it seems to be getting colder! wish it would hurry up and get here already!
MargieF
x

Ulrika said...

Lovely outfit, love the mint cardie!xxx

Kia said...

hey! thats the cardigan i've been looking for for months! could you tell me where it's bought?

The Postcolonial Rabbit said...

I love mint and coral together too (love it with red myself too)! You've inspired me to dig out my mint cardi x

pumps & luiers said...

I wish it was spring too - but things can only go better now, right?

Anonymous said...

I don't usually hone in on makeup, but yours looks gorgeous here. So fresh and lovely.

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

THank you sweethtearts <3

Kia : It's from H&M this season! Ordered online, I have no idea weather they have them in stores yet or not!

Sal: thanks, I normally always do the same make up but this time I added a white liner and changed the tone of lipstick and it does feel pretty fresh :)

esme and the laneway said...

Pretty! I love that shade of green.
What brand lipstick is it? I like mac for reds but I want coral and pink ones, and the mac selections here don't have ones for me. Thanks!

Pratishtha Durga said...

That's such a cheerful, happy color for a cardigan. Love the coral lipstick. Hope that spring finds its way to you real fast this year.

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Esme : The lipstick is MakeUp Factory No.273 (and the liner sans Soucis coral 30) - I bought them in Oslo this year and tey were new brands for me.

Pratishtha Durga : I hope so too. Thanks :)

alineaimee said...

I have recently discovered your blog and I am totally addicted!
You are beautiful, your clothes are gorgeous! I love vintage too!
I also have two black cats, just like you! They're adorable, Jack and Lolo.
That musical detail in your skirt is completely cute!
I'll make a post about you next tuesday.

xoxo

Aline

Vanessa said...

Cute skirt!

kia said...

found it! thanks a lot:)

tam said...

As always you look beautiful! x x

Cheryl Lynn Pastor Romance Author said...

You look fabulous. Your beautiful spring outfit is a welcomed change from my having to trudge through the snow to get to work today.

Thanks for sharing.

Catarina Paulino said...

Oh my God! Your blog is soul beautiful!
You is a very pretty!
Visit my blog too.

Kiss kiss

Rūta said...

that musical note detail is so cute. Nice ouutfit

Daomei said...

You look beautyful :) I love your style.

All Women Stalker said...

Turning an ordinary black skirt with a musical note detail into a sexy and attractive must-have