Thursday 11 February 2010

WINTER JACKET

I have been in need of a new winter jacket. The black one I've been using for some yeas already has lost it's form and become soggy and less warm during this year's heavy cold. I browsed second hand- and vintage stores earlier this winter but didn't find anything suitable anywhere and kind of gave up. The other day I realized that the sales are still going on and stores are filling up with spring clothing as usual this time of year. Which always is a bit too early but worked pretty well a couple of years ago for example, when it was warm and dry enough for open heels, but this winter, with the most snow for decades, it definitely makes the consumer a winner. The winter is at it's peak now and will certainly go on for weeks still and winter clothing go for 70% off (haha!). I entered one shop and got myself a new jacket feeling content and like having fooled some sort of system here.

I got myself a straight wool jacket with a sort of slightly 40's inspired box like shape. It didn't have much of a collar though which is sort of a must for me since I hate few things more than wind sneaking upon me, so I made myself an attachable one!

Ta ta! I also got a bit of matching wool fabric and sewed myself a belt, as that might come in handy at some point, we'll see.

And yes, here I am posing in my new winter jacket, ready to take on the cold.

21 comments:

MrJeffery said...

cool jacket!

Anonymous said...

That collar sets it off a treat...

Aisling said...

I love how you customised it! Also, if you'd like I tagged you from my blog to list 10 things that make you happy.

Ms. B @ Millie Deel said...

The collar makes all the difference! Looks lovely on you!

Dave Feucht said...

I remember a lot of heavy winter coats in Lithuania being sold with removable collars like that. It adds a great sense of personality to the coat :)

Great find, and it's always nice to find something that you like that is good quality, at a great price :)

Cheers!

Chérie said...

I've been reading your blog for some time now, but never posted any coments... So today I need to say - you're one of those people, who have the ability to make a simple clothes look fabulous :) I like the jacket very much and I'm proud to say I have a spring coat of the same fabric as your jackets collar, love it :)

Anonymous said...

The coat is lovely on its own, but utterly perfect with the new collar!

Malayka said...

You're so clever! Looks great:)

Marloes said...

Nice coat, looks really good on you, and I love the collar!

juxtapose nz said...

I love your blog! There's a gift for you on mine...

esme and the laneway said...

Great jacket! Love the collar, too :) Also I love your floral hat boxes, I'm looking for some at the moment.

ps I saw the IBTC mentioned in an Aus burlesque mag! You guys are international, v cool! :D

Brook said...

love the hat!!!

WickedThrifty said...

the collar really makes it fabulous, up from just classic and lovely. you're so talented! i've also been craving a colored winter coat since all three of mine are black. i saw a fuchsia one the other day that i loved... and i do long for a vintage faux-leopard swing coat. sigh.

FairyFiligree said...

Not my colour nor my style but I LOVE the hat boxes! Where did those come from?

Sallamaari said...

Olit upea burleskidokumentissa! :)

Nadja said...

Oh! It did really make a big different! And how pretty!

MissMo said...

That coat doesn't look boxy on you at all! Very cute.

Katja said...

Wow! What a great coat! Where did you get it? (because I would really copy-cat this coat from you hehe!)

All Women Stalker said...

O love how you turn a boring jacket into a very interesting and attractive one!

Fashion Retailer said...

nice pose!

smilla said...

I totally agree with chérie!