Thursday 8 March 2012

LOVELY WOMEN, TIKI DRINKS (AND SOME LOVELY MEN)

In honour of Women's Day I'll post some shots of  some lovely ladies I took last weekend, as, not only did I make it out then to meet friends, I even made it to a bar for a birthday thing! Which is something I haven't done in a long long time. Not that bar hopping is the first thing you think about when you're pregnant (I hope), but I hadn't been out for long even before my condition became "blessed" (as one says in Finnish). During autumn I either worked or had shows almost every weekend, and spent the few ones left over in the countryside.
And as we had kept a burlesque class earlier in the day I was suitably dolled up, so even better the reason to get out for some tikilicious Hawaian (virgin) drinks!


 Birthday hero 1.

 Birthday hero 2.

 Gigi.

 Itty Bitty Tinker Bell.

 Itty Bitty Brion.

Itty Bitty Kitty.
That rhymes.

Sparkly shoes on a mister.

Meow!


Husband.

Another husband (as in somebody elses - Gigi's- not another of mine :D )with a cup of rum.

Mr & Mrs.
You know how much I love tiki drinks! This one was with fresh pineapple mashed with mint, cranberry juice, soda and coconut syrup. Yeeey!

The place is Navy Jerry's.

10 comments:

Frollein von Sofa said...

the way your husband looks at you shows how much he loves you...what a picture ! have to go, otherwise I'll start crying......

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4MnpzG5Sqc

Hi there,

In all honesty, I have not read the whole of your blog post. I did enjoy what I did read, but there is something so pressing that I have to get across, I decided just to jump straight to the comment box.

Watch this documentary. It is about the work of Invisible Children in trying to stop Joseph Kony from kidnapping children and turning them into sex slaves and child soldiers. If you have any interest in the sanctity of humanity, please, just watch the video, and talk about it with as many people as you can. For we have one simple aim:

To get Kony arrested, he needs to be made famous.

Thank you for reading. x

Lisa said...

I can't believe those glitter sneakers! Wow! And I agree with Frollein, that last picture is just the sweetest thing. :)

Cheddah said...

that picture of you guys is so adorable! he is smitten!

Emma Powick said...

Looks like a fab night, you all look fab and that tiki bar looks amazing!!

GinCherry said...

The last picture is my fav :) So much love in it...But you all, gals,look just fabulous :)

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

Look at you, you look divine!

Unknown said...

Jeez, that last photo has just made my heart melt, plus that drink looks divine! x

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely phot of you two and the little belly, your love really shines out!

nana said...

you are a good looking couple!