Sunday 10 June 2012

APPLE BLOSSOMS, CHERRY BLOSSOMS AND SILK FLOWERS IN MY HAIR




A bit over a week ago the cherry trees were still in full bloom.


As were the apple trees behind the house.


But now all of a sudden I noticed they have already "wept"; dropped their blossoms, and are now preparing for fruits.
Sad that they bloom so shortly!

But I've got myself some blossoms of my own then instead.

I was sent some lovely hand made apple-and cherry flower clips by Anastasia!
She is a lovely lady living in Sweden and she makes silk flowers like these from scratch by using old fashioned methods (that you can see in her blog for example).
Pretty, aren't they?

Let's take a little look at the hair do too shall we:

This is a somewhat easy way to make a vintage inspired 'do if you have quite short hair, combs and clips and something to decorate it all with.

But we'll get into the details and how-to some other day here soon!


14 comments:

Jessica said...

Hair tutorial please!!!! I am in love.

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Yes that's kind of what I'm promising here :)

Sara Kristiina said...

yay, hair tutorial! I really love the way you put your hair, so elegant and beautiful :)

-Sara
Ladylike Delicacy

germangreeneyedmonster said...

so beautiful! like a bride :-)

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

So pretty, off to look at her site now :)

Penny Dreadful Vintage

Piia said...

Olen unohtanut mainita, että annoin sinulle blogi-tunnustuksia omassani :)
PS: olet aina niin kaunis !!

Tif said...

Love LOVE L O V E your style!

Esz said...

Can't wait to see your tutorials coming up! :-)

And I love how kitty always gets in the photo.

All that amazing sunshine is almost making me wish it was summer here. :-D

Nika Chick said...

This hairclip is sooooo beautiful! Looks natural and lovely.

Anonymous said...

Salut!

Aina välillä pitää käydä katsomassa milloin yksi lempi blogggreistani joko joko kohta saa vauvan! Noh ei vielä.. Onnea odotukseen ja viimeisiin viikkoihin,päiviin!

T: uskollinen lukijasi Brysselistä

Kit said...

That's a gorgeous hair style- would love a tutorial! Fab pictures of the blossoms as well :)

Monsterchen said...

oh this looks almost angelical! really a beautiful hairdo and those flowers in it make you even more beautiful tahn the real flowers!
kiss,mary
http://maryloucinnamon.blogspot.com

Porcelina said...

I just had to comment and say, 'yes please to a tutorial!' too!!

I've recently had my hair cut shorter, and I can no longer do a lot of the vintage hairstyles that I used to do! I need new inspiration!

Looks gorgeous on you.

Miss P xx

silk orchids said...

Beautiful! like a bride :-)