Wednesday 23 January 2013

RAW FOOD IS GREAT BUT PASTA IS AWESOME



We've been marathon watching The Sopranos with Eddi and that series makes me so hungry for anyting pasta. I made us a version of the oh-so-social-media-popular avocado pasta (which original recipe for that very version in question you can find here -use a translator.)

In this version I use, apart form the avocado, garlic and fresh herbs, some creme fraiche (or like here , russian yoghurt) and feta cheese.


And have that with double tomatoes as in both fresh cherry tomatoes and sun dried ones.
Pasta 
I have however made a raw version inspired by this dish too, with lightly steamed stripes of zucchini and carrot, the mix sans the dairy products and macadamia nuts on top. Delicious, that too.

(And yes, this dinner was made in our renewed kitchen at the farm! Almost ready, but not ready enough for pics quite yet...)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Woww yummy:)
Latest Fashion Trends

Ben @awesomeveganblog.com said...

Love your blog! Well done; good job on eating vegetables. It's nice from time to time to eat something for the emotional pleasure of it, too.
If indeed you are interested in raw food vegan recipes, you can try the vegan blog I started to put my eating on a healthy track: http://www.awesomeveganblog.com

stephanie said...

i love the soprano's, especially as it aired here in the u.s. sunday nights, pasta night!
but if you can and are able, the best t.v. show running for the past 3 years here is "breaking bad" you won't want to eat but you'll be enthralled. especially having traveled here. . . it's mind blowing. if you can handle the violence of the soprano's, breaking bad pales in comparison, somewhat. the best writing since the soprano's, you can never assume what's going on. if you can't find it, get it, let me know.

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Stephanie : it aired here but I never manage to catch anything on TV. But I think we can see it on Netflix here, maybe the next one to watch then :)

Miss Meiow said...

Mmmm, looks yummy, but I would love to know the raw version recipe, as I have recently given up dairy x

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Miss Meow : just use the ingredients I named, either with pasta or then zucchini and carrot strips! I read a recipe for vegan avocado pasta where they added some nutritional yeast flakes for a cheesy taste.

Miss Rascal said...

Jag ar likadan! Jag missbrukar pasta som en galning varje gang jag kollar pa Sopranos. :))