Thursday 30 January 2014

A NEW VIEW / THE ROSEY CURTAINS



Here we have the Marimekko Ruusupuu (the Rose Tree) fabric. It has, among many,  been a favourite of mine for a long time. (picture source)

So I got curtains of the fabric in the apartment I had before moving to where we are now. 

Then as I moved the curtains got chopped off to hang in the study.



And now they are hanging in the kitchen! 

As the result of an unexpected little catastrophe actually; I washed the yellow gingham kitchen curtains and they shrunk with some 20 cm... Argh! Because I (finally) am in cleaning-and-organising mode now I thus can't stand things being "not ready" and as I would have packed the rose curtains aside anyway for a kiddo-set of curtains for Dag I made a quick save and hung these up.

Funny how a little fabric can change the whole feel of a room! I really liked it with the yellow curtains, but I am starting to think that this is not that bad after all.

Btw another little funny thing,  Marimekko fabrics / patterns are probably one of few in which it is considered totally alright and normal (and rather fancy too as   'it is after all Marimekko' ) for someone to show up to a, say, wedding in a dress of the same fabric as your tablecloth. Hipsters and old ladies alike.

PS. there is a Finnish survey about blog readership popping up here (once per ip address) on the blog. In Finnish. Thus not useable for many of you, so choose the "ei kiitos"option then to close it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kauniit verhot :)

Voitko joskus esitellä kaikki mekkosi? Kuinka monta niitä on?

Megan said...

That fabric is beautiful.

Sweetpaintedlady said...

I love them! I wish it was available here

Jenni said...

I love moving things around, it's a really quick way of freshening things up.

Anonymous said...

Such a cute and unique floral print jean skirt.

Net Curtains said...

What a lovely curtains, having them will indeed make everything stands out more.