Friday 31 January 2014

LACE


I feel that I most of the lately time have been running around in my different versions of my "beatnik look" (sans the belly of course, but plus a lot of layers on top of that) - black is easy - as my days mostly consists of hanging out with Dag in-and outdoors, working when he's napping and running to rehearsals and to the gym after that. But otherwise when it's not the all black- or hobo layers look, many of my blouses and shirts have still been put aside due to motherhood, until a time when there will be less goo all over. So I've been wearing lots of basic cotton tops instead. Which sometimes feels a bit blah and too neutral. But they can be pimped up a little though, to better suit some of the other items I have, like the one I put cuffs and a collar on. And this one here! It's a basic organic cotton long sleeve tee, that I sew a lace appliqué on.


Probably best done by hand if you are patient enough - not me; I used a loose zig zag seam to fasten it. When the stitches are somewhat loose I'll be able to re-attach it to some other garment when the top gets too floppy. And to be washed by hand, or perhaps on the gentle program in a lingerie bag.


Fabric- and haberdashery stores sometime sell small lots of lace ribbons and appliqués at a nice price. I've tried to cut out my own from a lace fabric too. That gave me a headache. If you can't find any suitable lace there is of course always the trustworthy internet to rely on too.
I stocked up so there will be more lace on more stuff to come...


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your hair.

Maria said...

Oh, the hair looks really great! And so does the outfit. That's a good idea for a simple shirt!

Elina said...

The hair <3 and the lace is a good idea to refresh too plain T-shirts. Thumbs up!

(Retro) Sonja said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the lace on the striped top and your hair is amazing!

xo Sonja
www.redsonjafashion.com

Mama D said...

What a great idea and the top looks fab!

Roxy said...

Looks lovely, what a nice way to fancy up a basic tee

obat darah tinggi said...

nice pose :)

tanïa said...

I SO SO love that!!

Anonymous said...

How many skirts and dresses you own? :) Love that lace!

DancingPinkFlamingo said...

Åh! Fantastiskt fint ♥ Bra idé för att piffa till ett klädesplagg.

Jenn said...

You're hair and style is just gorgeous.xxx