Monday 27 January 2014

SOME MAKE UP AND SKIN CARE FAVOURITES FOR WHEN IT'S COLD


A few of my favs for winter:

Most of the year I wear a powder mineral foundation, but in winter with the cold and dy air and the temperature switches that gets too dry for my skin. I use a BB cream instead, sometimes with some powder on top  (and oil up my face a lot). My absolute favourite fantastic love-it-to-dedath BB cream, which I've bought online (fromNaturisimo) before, is now finally available in Finland too (via Jolie)!

The magic cream is Iroisie's Soin Parfait Ultimate BB cream. The first time I used it I was afraid it was going to be a little too rosy-beige, it came on quite dark, but then suddenly it evens out perfectly. I've been totally amazed with it. So, I do use it other than in winter too, those days I just feel like cream instead of powder foundation. The cream is organic and natural.

For those days I want some more make up on, I brush some powder on top. I have the silk powder from Coleur Caramel which also is a natural make up line. It leaves a very silky sheer glow on the skin. I might ave to get a little puff to keep under the lid as I find it a bit hard to carry a brush around in the bag too, but ten again I don't need to refresh my make up over the day, as it stays on perfectly well very a very long time.

When it comes to skin care I mainly wash my face with coconut oil (sometimes black soap) and wipe it off with a tonic, then put some more coconut oil on over night. Or this, pure shea butter! My face becomes a little ball of grease, but that makes it so soft and smooth in the morning to deal with the freezing winds of outside. I use the shea butter for dry hands and elbows and so on too, and also on Dag's little checks (and butt cheeks too).

4 comments:

Mademoiselle Maladroite said...

Which Natural Brands do You like the most? I'm searching for make up which is good for my skin. Especially powder and foundation. And what hair Care products so you use?

Wuerpfelroetzchen said...

Do you really use pure coconut oil as a cleanser? How does that work? Doesn't your skin break out? Can you tell more about that topic, I can't imagine unsing oil as a cleanser. I am always looking for a good alternative that takes away all the makeup and doesn't clock my pores.

Greating from Germany,
hej hej!
Andrea

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Mademoiselle Maladroite : I like different products/brands for different uses. With natural skin care and make up I think it's rather individual. You can browse under my 'skincare' and 'make up' labels, but in the end I don't do that many posts on the subject. Here's one with some products:
http://freelancersfashion.blogspot.fi/2012/12/the-daily-make-up-and-little-more.html

I got lots of help in the beginning by googling and reading blogs and reviews. I am happy with my ellapierre foundation, might try Idun next. For the moment I have Une's mascara (the green one) which i very good. With skin care I am rather basic, mainly oil straight out of the jar :D

Right bow I have been washing my hair with Liquid Black soap. I have some natural sprays and gels (john master's and Lavera) which are alright but for shows and shoots I still use "normal" spray.

Ange Pisst : yes! It's quite common to clean with oil in the end, it wipes everything off, dirt and "bad" grease too! After a while (or, for me directly) your skin gets used to it. No break outs whatsoever for me. I rub it on my face and wipe the eye make up etc away with a cotton pad, then rub a little more and rinse. If I'm in a hurry I sometimes leave it to that, otherwise I put on some toner and then a creme or oil, again.

You can also use oil for cleaning your mouth, google oil pulling. (I try to do it every now and then but never manage to go on for 15 minutes. But I have lots of sour smoothies and raw food so I am hoping it will help the acid attacks)

Sylwia VamppiV Błach said...

Interesting post!