Friday 21 February 2014

AT THE HAT MAKER'S


 I have a friend who is not only a fabulous stylish woman but also a very skilled milliner; Fiona Timantti. Her atelier is also kind of a hat museum, as she resides in and takes care of the old fashion store of Maria Pelanne, which opened in 1942. The place still looks as it did then.





Fiona is now making me a head piece for my upcoming number and I am very eager to see the results!

She has made stunning pieces for showgirls and celebrities alike, as well as hats for everyday wear (which you have seen me model on some occasions, here for example). You can read a good post about why her pieces are "so expensive" - it applies to all other things made by hand as well.

8 comments:

Fifties Darling said...

Oooh wow! I would love to go there, let alone have something made <3 We should all support authentic craftsmanship from time to time!

Sylwia VamppiV Błach said...

Nice place. Some hats looks good :)

Swing said...

Have to go there one day! :)

Unknown said...

Wow that's amazing! I would love it if more craftsmanship like this came back. Such a luxury ! :) Thank you for sharing!

Unknown said...

Fiona does make such beautiful things.. I bought the blue bow hat and lavender wide brimmed hat from her (that you modeled beautifuly by the way).. and they are an absolute piece of art. We had a time getting to to me as Im all the way in California but it is so worth investing in her lovely hats. I cannot wait to add more to my collection.Thank you for letting this ca girl get a peek into her shop!

StinaP said...

Oh, I love hats and millinery - how I wish I could spend more time making hats...!

Unknown said...

Wow that's amazing! beauty tips and tricks at home I would adulation it if added adroitness like this came back. Such a affluence Thank you for sharing!

Anushka said...

Her atelier is so gorgeous! I love these shots.